Day 25 ….a quarter of the way through my challenge, so I thought it would be a good idea to do one of my “Reasons to be Cheerful” posts.
I used to do this quite regularly and I don’t really know why I stopped. But, I intend to revive the habit and a Friday seems a good enough day as any to begin.
Its always good to remind ourselves how lucky we are. I know that sometimes we don’t feel fortunate …..things may not always go our way. We feel lower than a snake’s belly in a wagon-wheel rut ….we despair and the world seems to hate us.
But even during those times, we should try to count our blessings……however difficult that may be. There is always something, however small, to be grateful for. A reason to be cheerful.
I am aware that many of my friends and family think I am over-optimistic …….I suppose a constant ‘Pollyanna’in your midst is very annoying. But, as I said to someone on Twitter …..”We must do whatever gets us through the day”…….
Being cheerful helps me …….maybe finding me irritating and exasperating is your “Reason to be Cheerful” ……….
On that note, I present a list of things that have made me happy this week;
- Family ….. even when we don’t see each other very often, they are always a blessing.
- Freshly ground coffee …..the aroma and the taste.
- My best friend ……..you know who you are; you always make me smile, even on the shittiest of days.
- Curling up on the sofa with the latest copy of ‘VOGUE’ …….if that makes me ‘shallow’, I don’t care.
- Sunshine on drifts of daffodils.
- Mangoes …..they are, quite simply, my favourite fruit.
- Screw-tops on wine bottles ……..I’ve given up struggling with corkscrews.
- A glass or two of Merlot.
So, that’s my list for this week …..why don’t you make a list of your own …..I’d love to know what you would include.